Position Title: Bookkeeping and Accounting Assistant
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
ABOUT THE POSITION
Jessica Jones Accounting Services provides quality accounting assistance to small businesses, non-profits, startups, and self-employed individuals. We aim to deliver high-value services tailored to the individual needs of our clients, no matter their size. We minimize or eliminate the accounting and bookkeeping burden and allow our clients to focus on the business of their business.
Our ideal candidate is both committed to the mission of supporting small business success and enjoys the structure and organizational components of systems and administration. The position is a critical one: the Assistant works closely with and supports the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Assistant will have an opportunity to learn about all aspects of the work and operation of this organization, as well as gain insight into the management of a business in general. This position would be especially beneficial to a candidate with an entrepreneurial goal of their own, as business mentorship is a core value of Jessica Jones Accounting Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs client and internal bookkeeping duties including entry of bills, expenses, invoices, payroll posting, and other transactions.
- Assist Chief Executive Officer with preparation of client invoices.
- Communication with clients regarding needed transactional information and supporting documentation.
- Ensure client and internal bookkeeping deadlines are being met, including communication and coordination with clients and internal staff members.
- Preparation of operational procedure documentation related to Assistant’s responsibilities.
- Other duties as defined by management.
- Comfortable working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 .
- Familiarity with basic bookkeeping and accounting practices.
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage, competing priorities and projects with urgency.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and solid judgment.
- Strong work ethic, with a sense of discernment and initiative.